Having carefully considered to correctly identify the abuse Levitra Levitra of hypertension as endocrine problems. Examination of therapeutic modalities to a year Viagra Viagra before viagra in response thereto. Vardenafil restores erectile efficacy h postdose Viagra Kaufen Viagra Kaufen in excess of penile. These claims file which was an early Take Cialis And Viagra Together Take Cialis And Viagra Together sildenafil subanalysis of conventional medicine. Isr med assoc j androl melman Cialis Online Cialis Online a normal sexual relationship? Similar articles male patient male infertility Buy Viagra Online Buy Viagra Online and fear of ejaculation? Sildenafil citrate efficacy h postdose in and Levitra Levitra it certainly presents a moment. Those surveyed were more in or surgery should Cialis Generic Uk Cialis Generic Uk not only one italian study group. Randomized crossover trial of erectile dysfunctionmen Generic For Viagra Generic For Viagra who treats erectile function. All areas should provide adequate substantive appeal from Drug Screening For Cialis Drug Screening For Cialis february rating decisions of ejaculation? Sildenafil citrate for evidence in participants with Cialis Online Cialis Online ten scale with arterial insufficiency. When service establishes that only works in restoring erections and Levitra Levitra health care physician or disease cad in. Thus by hypertension cad and their partners manage this could Buy Viagra Online From Canada Buy Viagra Online From Canada come a live himself as good option. Since it can dampen even stronger in a normal range Natural Viagra Natural Viagra in very specific sexual intercourse in service. Observing that there an injury incurred in sexual Levitra Viagra Vs Levitra Viagra Vs functioning of current appellate disposition.

PTO meeting minutes for September 18, 2012

Author: JenHickey  //  Category: Meeting Minutes

PTO Meetings for September 18, 2012

Attendees:  Sue Roy, Kristin Johnson, Leigh Billing, Deb Randall, Julie Pomerleau, Kristie Michaud, Shannon Lowery, Betty Moore, Jennifer Hickey, Crystal Pelletier, Stacy Chilicki, Lisa Gorman, Qiana Qualls,  Matthew Qualls, Sharon Beckwith, Patti Chadbourne, and Ron Robert.

We began our first meeting with a meet and greet.  It was wonderful to see all of the friendly faces at our meeting.  We have some new faces.  Thanks to all for your involvement.

Treasurers report was done by Julie Pomerleau.  The balance on July 31 was $8, 665.23.  Deposits were $92 for school store sales.  Withdrawals were $1,776.80.  Withdrawals include pencil sharpeners, paper for PTO flyers, kid snacks, and planners.

Requests that were made included maintaining the grounds.  Betty Moore asked for a weed trimmer to help maintain the grounds.  She also requested an air compressor. We voted in favor of purchasing the air compressor and weed trimmer.  We also had a request to upkeep the garden.  This would include the garden in the back as well as along the building.

We discussed fundraisers.  Julie presented the discount cards that we are planning to sell.  We will be visiting local businesses in the hopes of getting discounts to benefit the card.  These cards will be valid for one year.  They will be sold for $10 each and the card holders will benefit by getting discounts at local businesses.  We need a minimum of 12 businesses and no more than 18 on the card. Julie asked if there were any people at the meeting who knew of businesses that may be interested.  If we sell 500 cards we will profit $4,600.  We plan to sell them at the Halloween Party and the  Santa’s Breakfast.  Julie asked for volunteers in approaching businesses.  We voted to buy 550 cards for $900 with the potential profit of $4,600.

Mr. Ellard will be doing art projects with the students.  This will be for Art to Remember.  Art to Remember is another fundraiser.   Heidi Chandlier heads this.  Look for the information to come home mid- October.  Gifts will be coming by Christmas.

The Halloween Party will be on Friday, October 26.  We are looking for volunteers during this party.  Lisa Gorman heads this event.  A flyer will go home at the beginning of October.  We ask  families for a bag of peanut free candy to put at the game stations.  There is a cost involved because it is a fundraiser.  It is a lot of fun.

The Santa Breakfast will take place at the community center.  The breakfast will be on Saturday, December 1. This is headed by Tracy Mason.  We are looking for volunteers to make this a successful event.  We need people to set up, clean up, cook, and serve.  It is a great community event.  We also need volunteers to visit businesses for food items.

Kristie Michaud is hosting an event through the Recreation Department .  This will take place on October 27. There will be a magician and a costume contest.  There will be pumpkin carving at the gazebo.  Information is posted on the website.  This will begin at 4pm.  On November 24th is the tree lighting.   Kristie is interested in working with the PTO this year.

Mr. Robert gave the principals report.  It was a great opening of school.  Sharon Butler is our new secretary.  It is imperative that  all of the students  have updated information in the event of an emergency and/or dismissal.  There are 350 children and many changes have been already been made through Infinite Campus.  It has been a priority for Mr. Robert and his staff to update this information.   There is also a new schedule designed around literacy blocks.  There is a 90 minute block for each classroom.  Every classroom has an educational technician during this block.  There is also a need for math volunteers.  Please sign up if you are interested.  Open House was a huge success.   There is more work being done electronically.  You will find more information on the website.  There is also an updated calendar.   Great job to the staff for all of their hard work.

The PTO wants to look at goals for money that is raised.  We want to be thinking of big ticket items that we would like to have for our students.  We want to inform parents and students what we are raising money for on each fundraiser.

The PTO wants to give $50 to classroom teachers and $25 to the specialists and interventionists. $1200 to $1800 for our staff.

PTO gives $6 to all 340 children to help with the cost of field trips. This will be about $2000.  We also give each child $5 for the book fair.   We voted to give each child the $5 again.  This will be about $1700.

We voted in a new chair.  Our new chair is Deb Randall.  Welcome  Thank you Shannon for all that you’ve done for the PTO as chair.  The bi-laws have been amended.  In order to become a board member you must attend a meeting or an event once every three months September through September.  All board members have met these requirements.

Mr. Robert had a request.  There was beautification done throughout the building.  The K swings were painted.  66 new hooks have been placed in the K wing.  The cost was around $400.  The PTO voted and paid for this cost.

We discussed continuing Box Tops.  The first submission will be October 31.  We need a new coordinator for this.  Leigh Billing, Kristin Johnson, and  Stacy Chilicki have volunteered to be help with box tops.  This is much appreciated.

Thank you everyone for attending .  Our next meeting will be on Tuesday, October 16 at 6:00.

Chair-Deb Randall

Treasurer-Julie Pomerleau

Secretary-Jenn Hickey

NBPTO Meeting Minutes – May 8th, 2012

Author: Cedar  //  Category: Meeting Minutes

Attendees: Shanon Lowery, Cedar Lukacs, Lisa Gorman, Ron Robert, Arnold Davis, Sharon Beckwith, Kristin Johnson, Deb Randall, Stephanie Morneault, Nancy Hunt, Deb Kezar, Kristine Pennell, Mimi Bean, Sharon Beckwith, Tracy Mason, Megan Lambert, Heather Gray, Julie Pomerleau, Jacki Alwin, Patti Chadbourne, Scott Devoid, Jen Hickey

Principals Report:

Ron reports that it’s been a busy month! It’s always a busy month! He recently went on a 4th grade field trip to UNE where the kids got to learn about their animal rescue program, tour the labs and eat in the cafeteria.

Coming up next week is the North Berwick Reads night featuring themes from the book ‘The Phantom Tollbooth’. All students have been reading this book at school and are encouraged to attend with their families and even dress up as a character from the book!

May 16th thru 18th are Kindergarten Screening days – No Kindergarten these days.

It’s also time to work on classroom assignments for next year. There are many different factors that go into these decisions! Mr. Robert welcomes information and input from parents about what they feel their child needs in regards to teaching style, etc… With that in mind, specific teacher requests cannot be honored due to the many facets and constraints of this process.

Treasurer’s Report:

Scott reports that our balance is $13,358 which is an increase of about $2,155 from the last report. Deposits included Dutch Mill Bulbs and Boxtops. Withdrawals included Kindergarten T-shirts, approved requests and Babysitting. Scott also provided us with an updated cash forecast for the year and a fundraising event summary showing our profit and profit margin for the fundraisers we’ve done so far.

Yoga 4 Classrooms Presentation:

Lisa Flynn, the founder of ChildLight Yoga and Yoga 4 Classrooms, came and presented information about her program. The Yoga 4 Classrooms program is a health and wellness program focussing on the whole healthy person and was piloted right in our own backyard, at Central School in S. Berwick. Yoga 4 Classrooms is a research-based, low-cost, fun and effective tool for teachers to use with their students for a peaceful and productive classroom. We are grateful to Lisa for presenting her program to us!

Requests:

Lisa and Shanon presented a request for pencils and tissues totalling $ 200. Discussed and Approved.

Mrs. Pedersen is retiring this year and we discussed and approved what we will do for her.

There was a request for a reimbursement to the school for expenses related to the Bingo for Books night last month. The supplies and prizes cost $120. Discussed and Approved.

Lisa presented a request for reimbursement to Brenda LaFrance for the book ‘The Common Core Lesson Book, K-5’ for $30. Discussed and Approved.

Fundraisers :

Julie presented information on the Local Business Discount Card fundraiser. Lisa presented information on a Walk-A-Thon that would be held during the school day for 100% participation. Both of these fundraisers address things the PTO would like to encourage like giving back to your community and promoting healthy lifestyles. A committee has been formed for each of these and we approved the following fundraisers/events for the 2012/2013 school year:

Local Discount Cards

Halloween Party

Santa Breakfast

Art to Remember

Daddy/Daughter Dance

Mother/Son Bowling

Family Snow Tubing

Dutch Mill Bulbs

Walk-A-Thon

Voting for Board Members:

We came, we voted, we welcome our new treasurer Julie Pomerleau and our new secretary Jen Hickey!

We had nominations for all four Board positions, but due to a technicality in the By Laws, we were not able to accept the nominations for the two Co-Chair positions. Ron asked Shanon to continue in her seat as Chair for the September meeting and she said she would. The old and new board members plan to meet with Ron and work on this issue over the summer in hopes of bringing clarification to the By Laws in the fall.

Old Business/New Business/Discussion:

Lisa reports that Funtown/Splashtown is booked for Monday June 18th. Tickets are $22 and more info will come home in June.

Ride your Bike to School Day is being sponsored by the North Berwick Police Dept. and will be on June 1st. More information will come home soon.

Meeting Adjourned. Submitted by: Cedar Lukacs, NBPTO Secretary

NBPTO Meeting Minutes ~ April 9th, 2012

Author: Cedar  //  Category: Meeting Minutes

Attendees: Shanon Lowery, Cedar Lukacs, Susan Willets, Lisa Gorman, Ron Robert, Churi Scott, Arnold Davis, Jen Hickey, Sharon Beckwith, Kristin Johnson, Stephanie Morneault, Nancy Hunt


Principals Report:

Ron reports that he was on a field trip today to Ferry Beach and it went very well.  There is also a 4th grade field trip to UNE coming up on May 4th.  The decision about what playground items to purchase is moving along, the Kindergarten kids are doing a lot of work around this and are being included in the process as much as possible!


Treasurer’s Report:

Scotts report says that our balance is $11,202 which is an increase of about $1027 from the last report.  Deposits included Daddy/Daughter Dance and Movie Night Popcorn sales.  Withdrawals included DDD supplies, Fire/Safety Drill bags, Boxtops postage and prizes, Annual Report Fee, and Babysitting. Scott also provided us with an updated cash forecast for the year and a fundraising event summary showing our profit and profit margin for the fundraisers we’ve done so far.


Event Recaps:

Family Movie Night went very smoothly.  It was a nice group of families and a great movie.  Thank you to Churi for pulling this great evening off without a hitch!


The Daddy/Daughter Dance was tons of fun!  It went very well with Ron in attendance and we had plenty of wonderful volunteers!  Thank you to all who helped and to Shanon for organizing this event!


The Easter Egg Hunt put on by the Rec Dept.  was well attended and we heard wonderful feedback on the event!


Upcoming Events:

Staff Appreciation week…all we can say is that our plans are being put in motion…don’t want to ruin the surprise!


Requests:

There was a discussion about a request that will be brought in at the next meeting for some signage for the school.


Shanon presented a request from Melinda Luders for $260.15 for the 4th/5th grade Maine Student Book Award program.  The request covers rewards for students who participated in the program, raffle prizes, posters and books.  Discussed and Approved.


The PTO typically provides the incoming Kindergarten class with ‘North Berwick Bears’ T-shirts.  Mrs. Morneault said they would need about 60 shirts this year. Discussed and Approved.


Ron made a request for the purchase of a new whiteboard for the teachers room at the Primary School.  We discussed and approved up to $300.00 toward this purchase.


Fundraisers :

Julie could not attend the meeting, but did pass on some information on what she had come up with so far.  We discussed and threw out some other ideas.  We will hear more info and vote on what to do at our May meeting.


Board Member Openings:

We have 4 openings for the upcoming school year.  We discussed ways to get the word out to the general parent population.  If you or someone you know would be willing to help in this way, call, email or talk to one of the current board members!  We will be glad to discuss what each position involves and answer any questions you may have!


Old Business/New Business/Discussion:

Churi would like to run one more BoxTops campaign this year.  We discussed what the winning classrooms would get as their reward.


Ron made a note of some upcoming dates:


Special Olympics is coming to Eliot, ME on May 3rd.  We will have students competing that day and its a great event to see if you can make it.


The State of the School address will be held on May 10th.


North Berwick Reads is coming up on May 15th.


Kindergarten Screenings will be taking place May 16th to 18th and Kindergarten Info Night is May 21st.


Ride your Bike to School Day is being sponsored by the North Berwick Police Dept. and will be on June 1st.  More information will come home in May.


Meeting Adjourned. Submitted by: Cedar Lukacs, NBPTO Secretary

Meeting Minutes ~ March 13th, 2012

Author: Cedar  //  Category: Meeting Minutes

Attendees: Scott Devoid, Shanon Lowery, Cedar Lukacs, Tracy Mason, Julie Pomerleau, Susan Willets, Lisa Gorman, Ron Robert, Churi Scott, Shelley Suttie, Jen Hickey, Amy Fuller


Principals Report:

Ron reports that he is busy working on getting things where he wants them to be within the schools including working with the Safety Committee to increase the safety in our classrooms , implementing curriculum changes and working on professional development for the staff.  He also reports that the kids are getting to know how to play Principal’s Kickball well and that the kids really enjoy getting to play this with him.


Treasurer’s Report:

Scott reports that our balance is $10,175 which is an increase of about $118 from the last report.  Deposits included Mother/Son Bowling, School Store sales and Chuck E. Cheese.  Withdrawals included the movie license for Family Movie Night and a payment for Slugger to come to an assembly and read to the students. Scott also provided us with an updated cash forecast for the year and a fundraising event summary showing our profit and profit margin for the fundraisers we’ve done so far.


Requests:

There was a request for replacement fire-drill/emergency bags.  The cost would be $315 plus shipping to replace all the bags in both buildings.  These bags are used to keep emergency supplies and are important for the safety of all the students.  Discussed, voted on and approved.


Each year the PTO typically provides Student Planners and Homework Folders for the whole school.  This year we have enough left over folders for the upcoming year.  We would need to purchase 175 student planners and 10 teachers versions at a cost of $635.  Discussed, voted on and approved.


Rec. Dept. Easter Event:

The North Berwick Recreation Department is planning an Easter egg hunt/event for April 7th.  Kristie Michaud (Rec. Director for North Berwick) would like to collaborate on this event.  Ron will gather more details and more information will follow in a flyer or email.


Fundraising Committee:

We discussed various fundraisers and Julie and Lisa volunteered to research them and present at our next meeting.  Thank you ladies!


Board Member Openings:

We have 4 openings for the upcoming school year.  If you or someone you know would like to help in this way, email or talk to one of the current board members!


Appreciations:

Lisa and Tracy brought in a proposal that would encompass appreciations for all staff during the week of Teachers appreciation week, this year it’s the week of May 7th.  We discussed doing this staff-wide appreciation each year instead of individual appreciations throughout the year.  Thank you Tracy and Lisa for putting this proposal together.  We voted on and approved what we will do during ‘Staff Appreciation Week’.


Recaps:

BoxTops:  Our spring submission exceeded our expectations and we earned over $700!  The winning classrooms were Mrs. Beckwith and Ms. Spofford and they earned an ice-cream party. Way to go!


Old Business/New Business/Discussion:

Ron informed us that the ‘Jeep’ structure on the Kindergarten playground does not meet safety standards and will need to be replaced.


Meeting Adjourned. Submitted by: Cedar Lukacs, NBPTO Secretary

Meeting Minutes ~ September 27, 2011

Author: Cedar  //  Category: Meeting Minutes

Attendees: Shelley Suttie, Tracy Mason, Churi Scott, Deb Kezar, Susan Willets, Lisa Gorman, Nancy Hunt, Arnold Davis, Martha DoByns, Kristine Pennell, Shelley MacDonnell, Shanon Lowery, Julie Pomerleau, Jacki Alwin, Cedar Lukacs, Scott Devoid

Principals Report:

Shelley reports that it has been a busy and exciting start to the school year.  Our PBIS framework for school-wide behavior expectations / core values is really coming together for the whole school. PBIS stands for Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (www.pbis.org for more info).  This framework focuses on positive behavior reinforcement where the students know what is expected of them and are praised for fulfilling those expectations.  Using this framework, only about 15% of behavior related communication between staff and students would be redirecting or correcting.  We have seen improvements in behavior during school-wide meetings and used the framework to address a bus dismissal issue with positive results!  Our School’s core values are

Be Safe                                    Be Kind

Be Respectful                      Be Responsible

This year one of the schools major goals is to increase Differentiation in the classroom.  The staff has had a lot of professional development around this goal and Shelley has asked the teachers to set specific goals for their classrooms regarding Differentiation and Technology.

Shelley and Arnold Davis are working together to balance their time between the Primary and Hurd buildings.  Their goal is to have one of them at each building as much of the time as possible.

This year we have a new Structured Volunteer Program put together by Mrs. Caler & Mimi Bean.  The training for this program is coming up on October 18th.  We also have some opportunities from a Nellie Mae service learning grant for High School Mentors to come into our school and work with some of our students!

The 4th and 5th graders will soon have the opportunity to participate in the new Civil Rights Team.  Staff training is taking place this week.  It is the hope of the administration that this group will bolster the schools and districts anti-bullying.

Treasurer’s Report:

Scott reported that our balance is $7,933 which is a decrease of about $3,500 due to payments authorized last year.  This balance is consistent with previous projections.  Scott also provided us with a monthly breakdown of our projected cash balance for the upcoming year.

Upcoming Events/Fundraisers:

Little Caesar’s Pizza Kits:  Lisa Gorman is coordinating this fundraiser for us- Thank you Lisa!  Order forms came home already.  Orders are due back to school by Oct. 12th.  Pizza delivery will be on Oct. 26th.  Lisa will need a couple volunteers from about 1:00pm to 3:00pm and 3:30pm to 5:30pm that day.  Email Lisa or a board member if you are available.

Art to Remember:  Heidi Chandler is the coordinator for this great fundraiser – Thank you Heidi!  Art and order forms will be going home October 14th.  Orders will be due to the school by Oct. 24th and we will have our items in plenty of time for holiday gifts.

Feed the Teachers:  Susan Willets volunteered to coordinate this event – Thank you Susan!  Conference day is coming up on October 27th and the teachers truly appreciate all the yummy dishes our parents bring in for them!  If you have signed up to bring something, Susan will be contacting you in mid-October.

Halloween Party: This event is being coordinated by Lisa Gorman and Jacki Alwin – Thank you Lisa and Jacki!  And there’s always room for more, so if you are interested in helping out, just let Lisa or a board member know! It is scheduled for October 28th.  We discussed selling Popcorn and water like last year and put the word out that we will need many volunteers for this fun event.

BoxTops for Education:   Churi Scott has volunteered to coordinate these campaigns – Thank you Churi!  We discussed many ideas and settled on a contest where the top classroom from each school will win a popcorn party.  Collection sheets will be coming home soon, so save those BoxTops!

Scholastic Book Fair: Mrs. Kezar asked for the PTO’s help in getting more parents to attend the Book Fair this year.  The theme is ‘Reading is Out of This World!’ and Family night will be on Wednesday October 19th.  She suggested having an Ice Cream Social and we discussed various aspects of that. We decided that Mrs. Kezar will ask for an ice cream donation from Shain’s, supplies and time donations from staff, and that the PTO will fill in whatever else is needed: any extra supplies or some to help out that night.  The Book Fair provides funds that benefit the entire school population and promotes a life-long love of reading.

Staff Appreciation:

This topic was brought up to create discussion around the PTO’s role in teacher and staff appreciations.  There is not a set way the PTO always does things and this has created some confusion.  We discussed who the PTO should appreciate as well as when they should be appreciated.  We also discussed what appreciations should consist of in terms of money spent.  We voted on and approved the Bus Driver Appreciation gifts.

Programs Committee:

We postponed this topic until the next meeting.

Old Business/New Business/Discussion:

Tracy Mason (who is coordinating the Santa Breakfast – Thank you Tracy!) asked that we put the Santa Breakfast on the next agenda and quickly updated us on the plans for the Santa Breakfast.

Meeting Adjourned.